Lithium battery protection board introduction
The professional name of lithium battery protection board in the industry is BMS, which is battery management system. This protection board is complicated and simple. The complexity is for the application of large battery packs, such as the battery protection system for new energy vehicles, the backup power pack management system in the server room, etc.; the simple one is for small battery packs, such as small UPS power supply, small robots, smart batteries for drones, etc. Let's take the 3S 12V 25A 18650 lithium battery protection board as an example to describe some small knowledge about the lithium battery protection board.
Parameters: 1. Overcharge voltage range: 4.25-4.35v + 0.05v, 2. Overdischarge voltage range: 2.3-2.7v + 0.05v, 3. Working current: 0-25A, 4. Working temperature: -40 – +50℃, 5. Instantaneous current: 35 – 40A, 6. Storage conditions: -40 – + 80℃, 7. Quiescent current: less than 30uA, 8. Balance current: about 40 – 50mA, 9 , Effective life: more than 30000 hours.
This is a 3S 12V 25A 18650 lithium battery protection board 11.1V 12.6V high current, with balance circuit overcharge, overdischarge, overcurrent and short circuit protection. The charging and discharging of the protection board are the same ports, and the protection board includes a balance circuit. When the charging is balanced, the circuit board will have a bit of temperature, even after the charger is disconnected, some are still in a balanced state, and will continue to keep warm for a period of time until it reaches the balance disconnection threshold. The protection board cannot be used for the protection of iron-lithium polymer batteries, electric finishing machines, electric bicycle batteries, starting batteries for automobiles and motorcycles.Suitable for the following products (within the rated power range):
Electric drill, 775 motor (6A-10A), low power Inverter, low-power vacuum massager battery, LED light, 12V backup power electronic products, 12V120W car wash pump, battery, solar street lamp monitoring backup power supply and other products. The rated current cannot exceed 25A, and it cannot exceed 50A every 0.5 seconds.
protection board specifications:
1. Overcharge voltage range: 4.25-4.35v + 0.05v, 2. Overdischarge voltage range: 2.3-2.7v + 0.05v, 3. Working current: 0 – 25A, 4. Working temperature: -40 – + 50℃, 5. Instantaneous current: 35 – 40A, 6. Storage conditions: -40 – + 80℃, 7. Quiescent current: Less than 30uA, 8. Balance current: about 40-50mA, 9. Effective life: more than 30,000 hours, 10. Internal resistance: less than 100m ohm, 11. Short circuit protection: protection, delayed self-recovery, 12. Size: 56 x 45 x 4mm.
Expansion of related battery protection board knowledge:Design and maintenance of lithium battery pack protection board
Because the objective shortcomings of the lithium battery hinder the use of functions, the lithium battery pack protection board has The function is to make up for some of the shortcomings of lithium batteries. Because the material of the lithium battery itself determines that it cannot be overcharged, overdischarged, overcurrent, short circuited, and ultra-high temperature charging and discharging, a battery protection board is needed to prevent and protect it.
The design function of the lithium battery protection board includes the following points:
1. Overcharge detection voltage: Under normal conditions, Vdd gradually increases to the CO terminal from high level to change The voltage between VDD and VSS at low level.
2. Overcharge release voltage: In the charging state, Vdd gradually decreases to the voltage between VDD and VSS when the CO terminal changes from low level to high level.
3. Overdischarge detection voltage: Under normal conditions, Vdd gradually decreases to the voltage between VDD and VSS when the DO terminal changes from high level to low level.
4. Overdischarge release voltage: In the overdischarge state, Vdd gradually rises to the voltage between VDD and VSS when the DO terminal changes from low level to high level.
5. Overcurrent 1 detection voltage: Under normal conditions, VM gradually rises to the voltage between VM and VSS when DO changes from high level to low level.
6. Overcurrent 2 detection voltage: In the normal state, VM rises from OV at a speed of 1ms or more and 4ms or less to the voltage between VM and VSS when the DO terminal changes from high level to low level .
7. Load short-circuit detection voltage: In the normal state, VM starts from OV and rises to the voltage between VM and VSS when the DO terminal changes from high to low at a speed of 1μS or more and 50μS or less.
8. Charger detection voltage: In the over-discharge state, VM gradually decreases with OV to the voltage between VM-VSS when DO changes from low level to high level.
9. Current consumption during normal operation: Under normal conditions, the current flowing through the VDD pin (IDD) is the current consumption during normal operation.
10. Over-discharge current consumption: In the discharge state, the current (IDD) flowing through the VDD terminal is the over-current discharge current consumption.Related battery protection board information: first use of lithium batteries-element reaction formula in the structure of rechargeable lithium batteries-lithium battery pack pack design-principle and basic introduction
Nowadays, it is very common for us to utilise in custom battery pack manufacturers. And the quality of is decisive to production efficiency.
Shenzhen Chuangneng Ruiyuan Electronics CO.,LTD. supports these goals with a corporate philosophy of adhering to the highest ethical conduct in all its business dealings, treatment of its employees, and social and environmental policies.
By balancing the efficiencies of new technologies with the personal touch of highly trained and motivated professionals, Shenzhen Chuangneng Ruiyuan Electronics CO.,LTD. is able to deliver solutions and services that exceed our customers’ expectations. We thereby earn their loyalty.
Equipping custom lithium ion battery with innovative technology and updated processes will simplify daily compliance duties so that they can focus on attracting, retaining, and developing the most engaged workforce possible.