Which is better, polymer lithium battery or lithium lithium ion battery
Lithium polymer battery is a branch of lithium battery developed from lithium ion battery. Let's understand their respective quality, so as to judge which is better, polymer lithium battery or lithium ion battery?
1. Classification of lithium-ion batteries
1. According to the appearance of lithium batteries: square lithium batteries (such as commonly used mobile phone battery cells) ) And cylindrical lithium batteries (such as 18650);
2. According to the lithium battery outsourcing materials: aluminum shell lithium batteries, steel shell lithium batteries, soft pack batteries;
3. According to the positive and negative electrode materials (additives) of lithium batteries: Lithium acid (LiCoO,) batteries or lithium manganate (LiMn, O), lithium iron phosphate batteries (LiFePO,), disposable lithium manganese dioxide batteries; another Classification method: Lithium-ion LIB, polymer PLB;
4. According to different performance and use aspects:
①Disposable lithium battery one lithium manganese battery one button type 3 Volt battery;
②High-capacity (high platform) lithium batteries are used in mobile phone digital products one by one;
③High-rate lithium batteries; one by one used in electric vehicles and power tools Upper and airplane model;
④type high temperature lithium battery; one miner’s lamp, indoor lighting, machine built-in backup power;
⑤ low temperature lithium battery pack; one outdoor environment, north ( Winter) South Pole; 5. Lithium batteries are also divided into two categories: non-rechargeable and rechargeable.
The so-called lithium ion battery refers to a secondary battery composed of two compounds that can reversibly insert and extract lithium ions as the positive and negative electrodes. People call this kind of lithium-ion battery with a unique mechanism that relies on the transfer of lithium ions between the positive and negative electrodes to complete the battery charging and discharging work.
Take LiCoO2 as an example:
(1) When the battery is charged, lithium ions are extracted from the positive electrode and embedded in the negative electrode, and vice versa during discharge.
(2) Cathode material: This requires an electrode to be in a lithium-intercalation state before assembly. Generally, a lithium-intercalation transition metal oxide with a potential greater than 3V relative to lithium and stable in the air is selected as the positive electrode. Such as LiCoO2, LiNiO2, LiMn204, LiFePO4.
(3) Negative electrode material: For the negative electrode material, choose a lithium compound that can be inserted as close as possible to the lithium potential, such as various carbon materials including natural graphite, synthetic graphite, carbon fiber, mesophase spheroidal carbon Elements and metal oxides, including SnO, SnO, and tin composite oxide SnBxPyOz (xu003d0.4~0.6, yu003d0.6~0.4, zu003d(2+3x+5y)/2) etc.
2. The structural characteristics of lithium batteries
Lithium batteries generally include: positive, negative, electrolyte, separator, positive lead, negative plate ), center terminal, insulating material (insulator), safety valve (safetyvent), gasket (gasket), PTC (positive temperature control terminal), CID (current cut-off device), battery case and electrode lead .
Currently, the more commonly used lithium battery materials are lithium borate, lithium nickelate and lithium manganate. The most used material is lithium borate, which has good cycle performance and is convenient to manufacture. The disadvantage is that the price of boring compound is more expensive. Lithium nickelate is difficult to manufacture because of its unstable nature. Generally, it is the compound of lithium sulphate doped with nickel, also known as lithium nickel sulphate. Lithium manganate is also a very good material. For many reasons, such as the faster attenuation of lithium manganate at high temperatures, most of the current applications are still in the laboratory stage. The structure of lithium batteries is mainly divided into two categories: winding type and stacked type. Liquid lithium batteries use a winding structure, while polymer lithium batteries have two types. In the winding type, the positive electrode membrane, the separator, and the negative electrode membrane are placed in sequence and wound into a cylindrical or flat cylindrical shape.
3. Lithium polymer battery:
Polymer lithium battery is a branch of lithium battery pack developed from lithium battery. Lithium polymer battery refers to all solid state or gel that is too electrolyte. Generally, aluminum-plastic composite film is used as packaging material. Lithium batteries generally refer to aluminum shell batteries, the electrolyte is liquid, and the outer packaging material is aluminum shell. Lithium polymer batteries are safer than lithium batteries. Lithium polymer battery is an upgraded product of lithium ion battery.
Li-polymer battery (Li-polymer, also known as polymer lithium battery pack): with high energy density, smaller size, ultra-thin, lightweight, high safety and low cost, etc. The obvious advantage is a new type of battery. In terms of shape, lithium polymer batteries have ultra-thin features, and can be made into batteries of any shape and capacity to meet the needs of various products. The minimum thickness that this type of battery can reach can reach 0.5mum. Compared with lithium ion batteries, the characteristics of lithium polymer batteries are as follows:
1. There is no battery leakage problem. The battery does not contain liquid electrolyte and uses colloidal solids.
2. Thin battery can be made: with 3.6V400mAh capacity, its thickness can be as thin as 0.5mm.
3. The battery can be designed into a variety of shapes.
4. The battery can be bent and deformed: the polymer battery can be bent at a maximum of about 90°.
5. It can be made into a single high voltage: the battery with liquid electrolyte can only obtain high voltage by connecting several batteries in series, while the polymer battery has no liquid itself and can be made into multiple layers Combine to achieve high voltage.
6. The capacity will be twice as high as a lithium battery pack of the same size.
Shenzhen Chuangneng Ruiyuan Electronics CO.,LTD. is always trying to better understand the custom lithium ion battery of innovation, so we can help companies lead the industries.
Knowing these basics of is every essential. But if you don't know how to choose the proper for your specific need, let Shenzhen Chuangneng Ruiyuan Electronics CO.,LTD. experts be your guide. Enquire us at Ruiyuan Electronics.
While manufacturing custom lithium ion battery, we always pay attention to the technology and quality of the product.
The stability of the system, controllability of the custom battery pack manufacturers process, and mobility of the machines provide with a flexible and reliable custom lithium ion battery system.